Car Locks Repair/Replace
Car Lock Repair
- Car Steering Lock Repair
- Car Door Lock Repair
- Car Ignition Barrel Repair
If you are experiencing problems with any of you car or van locks we can help. We are able to repair or replace locks on most vehicles and where we can we will repair your existing door or ignition locks and if a repair is not possible, we can replace with new locks at a fraction of the cost compared to the main dealer.
- Replacement Steering Lock - A sign that the steering lock needs to be replaced is that the key may turn a little or not at all, or that the key will not turn off.
We are very experienced in ignition lock and steering lock repair and replacement and can advise you on the most cost effective solution to replace or repair the steering lock or ignition barrel
- Car Door Lock Repair - Most cars and vans now have electronic central locking and lock from the key fob and can be repaired or replaced.
- Ignition Barrel - Ignition barrels are subject to wear and tear and sometimes will not turn due to wear in the lock and or on the ignition key blade. If you are have trouble with your ignition key not turning, call us for a FREE quote consultation and we will be happy to help.
Common Problems With Car Locks
- Ford Transit ignition key will not turn in ignition. This may be due to a worn key or more common the ignition barrel is worn and needs to be replaced. When we fit a new ignition barrel, we make the barrel up to the original key so you do not have to buy a new key
- Ford Fiesta / Focus ignition key will not turn engine on. Ford Fiesta ignitions are often at fault and we are able to replace or sometimes repair faulty Ford Fiesta ignitions
- Nissan Qashqai key will not turn engine on. At some point in almost every Qashqai's life, an ignition barrel/steering lock problem will occur. This could be that the key will not turn the car on, or that once the car is running, it won't turn off or the key will not come out of the ignition. Fear not! This is a common problem and one which we can fix and get you back on the road again and at a fraction of the Nissan Dealer's price!
- Nissan Micra cars use the same steering lock and ignition barrel as the Qashqai and can easily be repaired or the locks replaced.
- VW / Audi / Seat / Skoda ignition key will not turn on or the key is stuck in the ignition barrel. Again this is a common problem which we can usually rectify on the day and get you back on the road again and save you money compared to the VAG garage.
If you are experiencing an ignition key problem and the ignition key will not turn, you may want to test yourself if the ignition does need our attention, or is it simply that the steering lock is tight against the steering wheel. To check if the wheels are locking the steering, simply shake the steering wheel from side to side and if one side feels solid, push or pull the steering wheel in the opposite direction and gentle try to turn the ignition key making sure not to turn the ignition key to hard and breaking it. Once the wheel pressure is released, the key should turn normally with very little effort. If all else fails, call us!